LAND BANK SCHEME
The State Government has initiated the Land Bank Scheme vide Notification no.388/LR dated13.08.1997. The main objective of this scheme is to provide land to the landless citizens of Sikkim. More than 400 families of South District have benefited under this scheme and have been provided with half an acre of land. Process:
- Applications are received in the prescribed format along with “No landed Property Certificates” from the concerned Revenue Supervisors, Sikkim Subject Certificate / Certificate of Identification, Panchayat recommendation and a copy of the Parcha of the proposed seller of the land.
- Verification of the application is made by the Office of the Deputy Director (L/R) / Concerned Head Supervisor.
- Thereafter, applications received for a particular fiscal year are compiled.
- The names of the applicants are enlisted and forwarded to the Secretary, LR&DMD for financial sanction and approval.
- After the required fund has been sanctioned, the list of beneficiaries is sent back to the District office.
- Allotment orders are prepared and issued by the District Collector to the beneficiaries either during the Janata Melas or from the Office of the District Collector itself.
- Once land has been identified by the beneficiary and the seller of the land agrees to the transaction, the registration process is carried out as per the norms. Approval of the District Collector is taken for final registration of the land under the Land Bank Scheme.
Office of The District Collector
Location : District Administrative Centre | City : Mangan, North Sikkim | PIN Code : 737116