Chief Minister’s Startup Scheme (CMSS)
Introduction of a new credit linked promoter’s contribution financial assistance scheme called Chief Minister’s Startup Scheme (CMSS) has been approved by the Government of Sikkim with a view to provide an impetus to the local unemployed youth including school dropouts to develop new entrepreneurial ventures and self employment opportunities in Rural as well as Urban areas of the State as Startups, both in the manufacturing and service sectors including agriculture/ horticulture/ food processing/ animal husbandry/ handloom & handicrafts, etc. from the year 2017-18. The scheme aims to provide for front ended promoter’s financial contribution assistance component of 25% (35% in case of conditional non -manufacturing sector projects) of the project cost in respect of financially viable/ bankable Projects for the ventures entailing total investment up to Rs. 20.00 lakhs.
Eligibility conditions of Beneficiaries:
- The applicant should be a bonafide local youth possessing Certificate of Identification (COI) of self or his/her fatherpossessing Sikkim Subject Certificate/ Certificate of Identification.
- The applicant should be unemployed possessing minimum educational qualification of class V from any recognized school.
- Only one member of a family shall be eligible to avail of the benefits under the Scheme.
- Applicant should be in the age group between 18 years to 40 years of age on the date of application.
- Local unemployed youth hailing from BPL families (Government of Sikkim, DESME certified) / rural area residents shall get preference over other applicants under the Scheme.
Local Unemployed Youth
How To Apply
Applicants desirous of dovetailing the benefits of CMSS with any other credit linked subsidy schemes of Central/ State Government, e.g, PMEGP, NABARD, etc, they shall be required to furnish their application under those schemes as per their prescribed provisions and simultaneously/separately apply under CMSS through respective State Departments as well to enable them to avail of all benefits pertaining to both the schemes. For More Details Download/check the Notification cum Application Form provided below.View (385 KB)